What Is Emotions Anonymous
A Pathway to Hope
EA is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their emotional problems. The only requirement for EA membership is a desire to become emotionally well. Our primary purpose is to stay well emotionally and to help others become emotionally well.
The Promises of Emotions Anonymous
- Freedom and happiness.
- Freedom from regret./li>
- Serenity and peace of mind.
- Ability to help others.
- Lessened feelings of pity and uselessness.
- More focus on others.
- Less self-seeking behavior.
- Changed outlook on life and attitude.
- Improved relationships with others.
- Improved ability to handle situations.
- Feelings of security.
- Realize the difference the higher power makes in each member’s life.
The Twelve Steps of Emotions Anonymous
- We admitted we were powerless over our emotions, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message and to practice these principles in all our affairs.